The Historic Capen-Showalter House was built in the late 17th Century (1885) by James S Capen, one Winter Park founders. Property was scheduled to be demolished and residence of Winter Park raised money to have the property to be cut in half, barged across Lake Osceola, and two (2) half reunited at the Polasek Museum in Winter Park. The completed house, measuring 4,200-square-feet, will contain museum offices, history exhibits, artworks, collections from the Polasek Museum, and will be available for workshops, meetings, and special events.
Disconnect and safe off existing wiring. Furnish and install new 400 amp electrical service, interior wiring, and lighting.